Thursday, November 15, 2007

IS IT JUST ME... ?

1) ... has this been one of the greatest college football seasons in recent memory?
The parity and excitement have been unparalleled, but the best part: The media hasn't successfully given away the Heisman Trophy before Halloween.
I don't have a clue who the front-runner is, and I love it.
Dixon's leading, McFadden following, Tebow ballin', and Matt Ryan Fallin'.
And arguably the best PLAYER in the nation -- Glenn Dorsey at LSU -- isn't even on the charts.
It brings back fond memories of the excitement generated by a good Manning-Woodson final.
Or the years everybody completely missed the boat by not giving it to Warren Sapp or Vince Young.
Please, sportswriters, put the pen and ballot down and back away slowly.
Let the players settle this on the field themselves.

2) ... every time you think you've kicked the reality TV habit, out of nowhere comes "A Shot at Love with Tila Tequila," and suddenly you're off the wagon again?
I really thought I'd cleaned up my act following "The Flavor of Love."
I didn't hang out with the same crowd; didn't do the same things.
Then it happened... MTV put 16 men... and 16 women... in a house... with a BI-SEXUAL BACHELORRETTE.
Now I can't function anymore.
I shake and break out in a sweat when I don't get my daily fix.
(is this what Quagmire feels like?)
I know what it's like to want every woman in the room. I can't imagine how hard it must be to want EVERYBODY in the room.
(Yeah, I know, I have issues.)


3) ... or are you NOT surprised that Ohio State tapped out to Illinois?
Talk about paper tigers.
And you can take it to the bank: They'll win the Ohio State Title again next year (playing vocational technical schools in state, like they always do) and be incredibly over-ranked once again.
Not that I don't respect the caliber of athletes they produce (they really have the talent to be an SEC North school) but you can't eat cake all year long and then go to the championship game.
Strength of schedule has to count for something.
But giving credit where credit is due: "Don" Zook is preparing for the take over.
That Gator team that ran OS-Who? off the field in last season's national championship game was recruited by the Zooker.
Watch out Big Ten; business is about to pick up.


4) ... or are you even more convinced now that the Colts are the best team in the NFL.
No they're not blowing everybody out of the water, but I've seen nothing in the last two games to convince me that they can't take it all again this year.
I know they lost, and they lost players, but they played well in both games... even when they were playing horribly.
And honestly, they look much better than they did last year this time.


5) ... or did that hit on Colt put your life into perspective, too?
I have never had, nor do I know anyone who ever had a concussion.
I know OF people, like Aikman and Trent Green, but Colt was the first person I'd ever known to go through that.
I love football... But I don't know if I love ANYTHING that much.
I'd love to see Colt on that field for the Nevada game with a BCS bowl bid on the line, but I'd like it even more if he'd hang back and sit on the couch with me and my friends, eat some barbecue and WATCH the game with us.
There are some things more important than football.
Get well, Colt.
- Theo Jones
(Theo is a Producer for the KITV 4 Morning Show...
Watch his work Monday-Friday 5:00am-7:00am)

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

hahaha!!!
I am with you on the Tila Tequila Show. I never thought anything would be funnier/strange than "I love New York" once again I am proven wrong. Look forward to more blogs from you, Kanoa, and
De Mello. great site!

Anonymous said...

Why is it that a Defensive player will never win the Heisman? It's the award for best "player" in the nation right? Not just best offensive player.

Anonymous said...

What a crazy day. Bonds incidted, A-Rod signs with Yanks, and Derek Jeter buusted for tax fraud. WOW.

Anonymous said...

Tila Tequila...a genius TV move. But there's now one big thing that tells me the Colts might not be the title-takers this year...no Dwight Freeney...unless of course, he's able to make a Bob Sanders-like playoff comeback.

Anonymous said...

I think the Simeon Rice pickup is HUGE though. I know he's a little past his prime but he's still STRONG as an OX.

Anonymous said...

I didn't know Simeon Rice signed with Indy. I think that's a good pick up too.

Anonymous said...

I HATE WORKING ON SATURDAYS, THIS YEAR!!!!! Any of the games I did happen to catch left me saying: "WHAT?! (insert obvious favorite) beat (insert obvious underdog). What the hell is going on?". Now, I'm at the point of expecting at least 1 or 2 big upsets a week, if not more.

I totally agree about Ohio State. The Big Ten is overrated, as usual. But, that doesn't mean I'm not a little psyched for OSU-Michigan. I'm just as bad as the rest of them, I guess.

Anonymous said...

Barnaby "White Shoes" Pedroia? I'll bet there's a story behind that.

The Colts are a little busted up. And that Freeny thing is huge. Did you guys see the Pats first possession? Dwight Freeny all over Brady... that set the tone. But Simeon is an aging beast.

And all I got to say about Baseball is this: If it were the NBA Stern would've jumped out of the window. I'm still formulating my thoughts on the Bonds situation.

Anonymous said...

There is a story behind the name, actually. I just have to remember exactly what it was.

Stern would've had a very in depth and well written suicide note prepared before he jumped.

Note: I meant to say: "(insert obvious favorite) LOST TO (insert obvious underdog)" Sorry folks.

Anonymous said...

No worries "White Shoes" we all got it.
By the way, the name gets funnier each time I see it!

AWESOME STUFF! You gotta call in one of these days as Barnaby "White Shoes" Pedroia

Anonymous said...

Darren McFadden is the best player in the country. He's a far better runner than The'Bow and with a few more attempts maybe a better passer. Who knows?