Monday, December 17, 2007

THE BARNABY TIMES: VOLUME 1

Please welcome Barnaby "White Shoes" Pedroia to the Leahey & Leahey Live Staff...This is Volume-1 of the "Barnaby Times" Reporting on the "lighter side" of sports.
The Mitchell report was released this past Thursday relating many to steroids and other banned substances. The report included some big names currently in the majors, many former big leaguers and even more people you probably had to look up on Wikipedia. One name sticks out like a sore thumb, amongst the rest of the accused digits. A name mentioned 82 times in the senators report. That name was Roger Clemens. While the allegations loom large over the head of the Rocket, the Houston native was not short on the support of his peers. He received many a well wishings and bits of advice via text messages from his closest compatriots. Here is a sampling of some of those messages.

Message From: Andizzy
OMG Rocket! IDK W/U G-Mitch. Holla at a playa.
1:21 pm 12/13/07

Message From: Slammin Sammy
Tell them you speak no English. It work for me.
1:27 pm 12/13/07

Message From: Big Head
Remember your records are not tainted… PERIOD! PERIOD! PERIOD!
1:36 pm 12/13/07

Message From: Andizzy
G-Mitch = G-Snitch
1:38 pm 12/13/07

Message: From: Justice 4 All
While you were injecting your ass with muscle juice, I was injecting Halle with some Justice Juice. I guess that doesn't help much. I did it, though.
1:43 pm 12/13/07

Message From: Old Kid on the Knoblauch
Hey, remember when we won the World Series? Yeah, me neither.
1:49 pm 12/13/07

Message From: Lucky 13
We're RICH. I can't believe they gave me that much money.
1:53 pm 12/13/07

Message From: Lucky 13
I'm sorry Rocket I meant to send it to Scott. Good luck with that whole Mitchell thing. See you next season.
1:55 pm 12/13/07

Message From: Bart Miadich
Even I don't know who I am. I looked on Wikipedia and there's only a couple sentences.
1:59 pm 12/13/07

Message From: Andizzy
G-Mitch = G-Biotch. LOL! ROTF!
2:04 12/13/07

Message From: Piazzaboy
Now that broken bat toss makes sense.
2:08 12/13/07

Message From: Theo Boy Wonder
Hey, Rocket I was thinking we can get together and discuss a contract for next year. I was thinking somewhere around 2 years 32 million. Gimme a call later.
2:15 12/13/07

Message From: Boss Jr
I heard Theo wanted to give you 2yrs., 32 Mill. I'll double it! I'll triple it! Just don't sign with them!
2:16 12/13/07

Message From: Theo Boy Wonder
Suckers!

2:21 12/13/07
I sure hope the Rocket has an unlimited text plan.

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

lol :)
funny stuff barnaby. i look forward to reading more of your work.

Anonymous said...

I like the a-rod text. hilarious.

Leahey & Leahey Live said...

Welcome aboard Barnaby...

- Rob

Anonymous said...

lmao
I spit out my drink reading this stuff.

Anonymous said...

Rojer Clemens is an @$$hole. He always preached about working out so much harder than everybody else and now it turns out that's because he was cheating like a little kid prick. I hate THe Yankees and I hate Clemens and his stupid son. I watch his son play baseball in waipahu this past season and booed him. People got mad at me but I diont care. I hate Rojjer Clhmens. Go Red Sox!

From,
Andrew

Leahey & Leahey Live said...

WOW, Why such hate Andrew?
- Rob DeMello

Anonymous said...

Hello Rob De Mello. Do you like Rojer Clemens? I don't but I guess you already no that.

From,
Andrew

Anonymous said...

Thanks for all the support, everyone. I look forward to writing more articles. I also look forward to more Clemens/Yankee bashing.

Leahey & Leahey Live said...

I don't have a problem with Clemens...
I'm just not a big fan. He's a talented guy that has had a wonderful career. It's amazing how much a week can change how people view the best pitcher of this generation huh?

- Rob DeMello

Anonymous said...

Excellent article. I hate all yankees. I guess some of those 26 rings are tainted. Go redsox!

Anonymous said...

Btw, everyone knew it was roid rage when he threw tha bat.
-Yankee Hater

Anonymous said...

We are out numbaring Yankee fans on this webstie. Sweet Caroline plays real loud here.

From,
Andrew

Anonymous said...

barnaby is there going to be certain days you write these barnaby times? i'm eager to read more of them.

Anonymous said...

On Mondays and hopefully another during the week. Maybe, Wednesdays.