Thursday, January 17, 2008

Reinebold leaves for SMU


Hawai'i defensive line coach Jeff Reinebold yesterday accepted a job on June Jones' coaching staff at Southern Methodist.
Reinebold said he will depart for Dallas today. For now, his wife and children will keep their rental unit in Waimanalo.
Reinebold is the fourth assistant from last year's UH staff to join SMU, following Dan Morrison, Wes Suan and Dennis McKnight.
Reinebold recruited nearly the entire 2007 UH secondary — safety Jacob Patek, cornerbacks Myron Newberry and Gerard Lewis, and nickelback Ryan Mouton.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wish this was a joke. I saw him on your show, and thought what a great guy with passion for the Warriors. Well he got to think of retirement too. I guess he will retire w/ Jones in Kona too. My best to his ohana and all the coaches that left. I laugh now when a coog came on the forum board and say they are gonna pound them and they are known as SMwho? (They lost their coach in the same way, but their coach left before the bowl game and took several of the coaches with him, sound familiar?) well that coog wished us well and to wish the coaches well, cause it will all come back good all in tripricate. I hope so and soon. WTG guys. Aloha nui loa......good luck SMwho???? Go Warriors.

Anonymous said...

good guy but no longer a warrior so see ya!

Anonymous said...

I wish the sungod all of the best. His passion for the Warriors is awesome. With the family staying in HI, I think he will be back when JJ retires. If he does come back, I hope he brings further contacts with TX with him.

Anonymous said...

does anybody think that we may have a better staff of coaches instead of a staff with one all star coach leading the team?

Anonymous said...

Bigmikey,
I think we have not necessarily a better staff but a better direction. The new staff will have more unity, be good people, and most importantly allow Hawaii's best to stay home and flourish on and off the field. I believe GM when he says he will recruit locally, and give Cal Lee the green light to keep HI's best at home. I don't expect any JJ-Tores battle. By the way, even being an East-side Oahu boy, I agreed with Tores. I think more love will be given to the local talent.